Friday, April 15, 2011

Burgers of Awesomeness

I've been quite loath to post about food here, because I know that one of the two people who reads this blog subsists entirely on a diet of crisps, chips and cider. Therefore, accounts of delicious food I have eaten are not going to inspire paroxysms of joy within her. But these burgers were just too awesome to resist.


One afternoon not so long ago, I decided to try Tui Talk's recipe for Best Soup Bread, which is a reasonably doughy bread with herbs through it (I used parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, partly because we have them growing just outside the door and partly because I'm a dork who loves Simon & Garfunkel). I haven't actually hand kneaded bread in a while, so it was a bit of an experiment. I left the bread to rise, then went out to do some shopping. When I came back, I had picked up some pork mine. Obviously, there was only one thing to do in that situation....

.... make burgers. So I did. Damn, they were amazing.

I don't have any quantities but the burger patties involved mixing the pork mince with chopped red onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, chives and fish sauce. Add in some bread soaked in milk and then squeezed to bind and it's time to make patties!

Served on rolls made from the bread dough, with some fried red onions (mine went a little too crispy.. but still delicious), sliced tomato, mesclun and sweet chili sauce - it was definitely awesome.

(I mainly posted this because I am currently very hungry... and dreaming of these burgers)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally appreciate those lovely looking buns! ;D x

    ReplyDelete